Friday, November 1, 2019

NanoWrimo 2019

Wasn't going to participate this year. Told myself I had other things to do. Nope, not doing it. October 31st ... screw it. I'm giving it another shot. No outline. Nothing prepared. I'm going to lose big time... but maybe not. I think I've matured as a writer. I can accept the first draft is full of plot holes and needs a complete rewrite which may or may not be done. And so on November 1st, I gave it a shot. Not bad considering. I just consider the story to be a day in the life of ... No idea what will happen as I build my cast of characters and a fantasy steam punk kind of world. A simpler time with amazing mechanical items because I can create this world simply out of words. What a blast I had.

Pictures are always an inspiration and these are a few that have gotten me started on this journey.



I had already wrote about a young girl before I had seen the photo above, but I like this. Her name is Victoriana and is an ancestor of my ex-husband. Seeing a face to go with the story is inspiring in itself and I expect this character to have a more solid part than I first thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment